Go anywhere with portable power.
Taking the fun with you is one of the great advantages of owning an inflatable boat or small fishing boat. Mercury offers a complete line of extremely light portable FourStroke outboards, with the widest range of models to choose from. So wherever you and your boat go, your Mercury portable FourStroke can also go. The entire line makes operation and portability easy with smart, simple features. Plus, clean, quiet, fuel-efficient FourStroke performance makes them the obvious power of choice.
Key 8 and 9.9hp Features
Mercury Fourstrokes are designed with a boat load of user-friendly features, such as our multifunction tiller handle. This tiller handle gives you easy one-handed operation of shifting, stopping, throttle, throttle friction, and tilt. More control equals better maneuverability.
Convenient Trim Ratcheting
The 8 and 9.9hp models come standard with both ratcheting trim and tilt lock. The ratcheting trim allows you to easily trim the motor up to the height you need. When you’re ready to tilt the engine down, the tilt lock will keep it at your selected angle.
Lightweight Portable Champions
The lightest engine in its class, the 8 and 9.9hp outboards come in at a scant 83 pounds. These outboards are a perfect fit for a wide range of small boat applications.
Kick it up a Notch.
- The 9.9hp Mercury ProKicker features a compact, integrated power tilt and a heavy-duty transom bracket for maximum strength, speed, and durability.
- Additionally, the 9.9hp ProKicker sports an updated graphics package designed to complement the OptiMax Pro XS and Verado outboards. Installed next to a Pro XS or Verado outboard, the improved ProKicker graphics will make your rig stand out from the rest of the pack.
- Patented Centering Straps. Holds the engine straight without additional hold-downs when running in rough conditions or trailering (Standard on Tiller Pro Kickers).
Step Up To BigFoot
Big-time power. With a longer design and bigger components, Mercury BigFoot was made specifically to deliver the type of power, thrust and control that wider, heavier boats demand.
The BigFoot Difference (Blue shaded areas represent prop and gearcase advantages)
- 20% larger prop increases control especially at low speeds.
- Taller gearcase puts the prop deeper, below turbulent water, for improved performance.
- A low 2.42:1 gear ratio delivers thrust and maneuveraility that big loads demand.
- Oversized Antiventilation Plate. Oversized design prevents air from being drawn into the prop, which increases efficiency.